What Is the AUX?
The Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital is a volunteer organization dedicated to support Bethesda Hospital, it's patients, team members and community.
What Does the AUX Do?
Financially Supports Hospital Initiatives
- Heart Hospital, Thomas Center, and the Breast Center
Grant Funding for Bethesda Hospitals
- Team Member initiated programs and projects
- Bethesda Volunteers
- Family of Auxiliary Members
Team Member, Visitor, and Volunteer Support
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest, Basket Raffle, Mardi Gras Party, Team and Volunteer Awards
- Holiday Tray Favors
- Community Outreach
- Thanksgiving meals, school supplies, and volunteer efforts for local families
Why Should I Join?
- Make a difference in the lives of those around you by impacting patient engagement, team member support, and community outreach.
- Apply your skills and expertise by volunteering on a committee or help with a program you are passionate about.
- Enhance your knowledge by attending engaging educational presentations by health care and community experts.
- Volunteer Credit for Community Benefit Reporting, Clinical Ladder, Success Factor’s Profile, Yearly Self Appraisal.
We Award Grants to Programs and Projects
In 2023, the Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital awarded $150,000 to support transformational programs and projects at Bethesda Hospitals! Click here to view our FY24 grant recipients.
Volunteer of the Year Award
Auxiliary Names Donald Richardson Bethesda Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
The Bethesda Auxiliary has named Donald R. Richardson as the Outstanding Volunteer of the Year. Donald has volunteered at Bethesda North since 2019, has logged 1500 volunteer hours, and currently serves as Front Lobby Greeter, Train Team Members and sometimes Santa Claus.
Hospital team members are invited to submit nominations for Volunteer of the Year, and Donald received 6 nominations. He was recognized for being dependable, compassionate, polite and respectful. One nominator stated that he "Treats everyone like family" and patients often ask for him by name. In the words of his nominators, Donald is truly an asset to Bethesda and a blessing to TriHealth. Upon being told he was the Outstanding Volunteer of the Year, Donald replied, "I just love helping people."
Along with a lovely jade glass award, Donald received a gift card to his favorite restaurant, and his name placed on the Volunteer Award plaque that is visible out the Creekside Cafe. This plaque lists every Volunteer of the Year since the award's inception in 1995.
We Award College Scholarships
Since 1998, the Auxiliary has awarded over $70,000 in college scholarships. Volunteers for Bethesda Hospital and family of Auxiliary members can apply. Applications are open in February. Click here to view the 2023 Scholarship Recipients.
Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital Board of Directors 2023 - 2024