What is the AUX?
The Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital is a volunteer organization dedicated to support Bethesda Hospital, its’ patients, team members and community.
What does the AUX do?
- Financially supports hospital initiatives
- Heart Hospital, Thomas Center, and the Breast Center
- Provides grants and scholarships
- Funds hospital programs and offers college scholarships
- Team Member, Visitor, and Volunteer Support
- Pumpkin Contest, Basket Raffle, Mardi Gras Party, Volunteer Awards
- Patient Engagement
- Holiday Tray Favors
- Community Outreach
- Holiday gifts, meals, and school supplies for local families.
Why should I join?
- Make a difference in the lives of those around you by impacting patient engagement, team member support, and community outreach.
- Apply your skills and expertise by volunteering on a committee or help with a program you are passionate about.
- Enhance your knowledge by attending engaging educational presentations by health care and community experts.
- Volunteer Credit for Community Benefit Reporting, Clinical Ladder, Success Factor’s Profile, Yearly Self Appraisal
The AUX awards grants.
In 2021, the Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital awarded over $123,000 to support transformational programs and projects at Bethesda Hospitals!
The AUX awards scholarships.
Auxiliary of Bethesda Hospital Board of Directors 2022 - 2023
Please Click Here for a list of school supplies needed for Operation Give Back which will take place July 5 - July 13.
Volunteer of the Year
Since 1995, the Auxiliary has been honoring hospital volunteers for the exceptional service they provide to Bethesda Hospital. Our most recent honoree is Mark Ossege who volunteers in the Bethesda North Emergency Department. Click here to see the list of past honorees.
Nominate a Volunteer
Nominations for Volunteer of the Year are open throughout the month of August and all nominees will be recognized at the Auxiliary Fall Luncheon on October 5. Is there someone you would like to nominate for this year’s award? Click here for our on-line portal.